08 July 2008

We ask the questions...

Courtesy of Che at Object Dart, let's play Twenty Questions (er, there's only six actually).

What were you doing ten years ago?

Living in Tooting and working my admin job at the BOA. I'd just been on a 3-week trip to Greece the month before, which was full of blue skies, warm nights and bucket-loads of pita gyros.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

I am actually gaining a little weight for the first time ever! This may not be a bad thing, as long as it doesn't make me lumpy. But I worry more about my teeth than my weight, what with my fondness for sugar. So: Jelly Tip flavoured icecream, chocolate Hob Nobs, a cheap Ghuznee Street Malaysian dish, white chocolate Magnums, and fish & chips from the takeaways in Kaiaua on the Firth of Thames.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

- Sponsor New Zealand Cricket with enough funds to tell the BCCI to get stuffed and then pick Shane Bond for the national team again.

- Get new gnashers, like Bowie

- Research and write a book or a screenplay

- Do a PhD (Oxford, perhaps?); maybe history instead of politics

- Open up a branch of Wendy's in Wellington (yeah, I'm really high-brow)

Three of my habits:

- Wanting to glare viciously at people on public transport who: talk; laugh; sing; smell; open their newspaper too widely; play loud music on cruddy headphones; play loud music without headphones; talk on their mobiles for any longer than 30 seconds. And in the mornings I'm not that keen on people smiling either.

- Spending nearly as much time blogging as I spend actually doing the things I end up blogging about.

- Losing my train of...

Five jobs that I have had:

Obscure ones? Newspaper delivery boy, Toy Warehouse floor sweeper, retail badge-wearer, call-centre worker, mortgage securities loader (don't ask me, I really can't remember what it involved).

Five things to do today:

- Shine shoes vigorously

- Re-re-watch Videojug's 'How to tie a half-windsor knot' tutorial

- Reappraise floor-based storage system

- Pack for holiday

- Go to garden party at Buckingham Palace (no, seriously)

Five people I want to get to know more about:

- Liam Finn (musician)

- Eliza-Jane Barnes (musician)

- Lucy Porter (comedian)

- Michelle Gomez (actor)

- Frankie Boyle (comedian)

People to tag:

Che's already done Richard, so I'll go for Matthew, Deeknow and Andrew.

No comments: